When trenching and tunneling is required near trees during construction and utility work, specialized knowledge and equipment are necessary to minimize the destruction of critical roots and injury to trees.
(©2012, 15 minutes)
Workbook included is worth 2 CEUs*
(A, U, T, M, L, Bp)
• Rationale for tree protection
• Procedures to identify Critical Root Zone (CRZ) and Tree Protection Zone (TPZ)
• Tree injury prevention during installation of underground utilities
• Appropriate tunneling and trenching equipment for work near trees and within a CRZ
• Post-work care practices to ensure tree recovery
*These CEUs may be submitted only once during the life of your certification.
Additional workbooks may be purchased separately