When trenching and tunneling is required near trees during construction and utility work, specialized knowledge and equipment are necessary to minimize the destruction of critical roots and injury to trees.
(©2012, 15 minutes)
Workbook included is worth 2 CEUs*
(A, U, T, M, L, Bp)
• Rationale for tree protection
• Procedures to identify Critical Root Zone (CRZ) and Tree Protection Zone (TPZ)
• Tree injury prevention during installation of underground utilities
• Appropriate tunneling and trenching equipment for work near trees and within a CRZ
• Post-work care practices to ensure tree recovery
*These CEUs may be submitted only once during the life of your certification.
Additional workbooks may be purchased separately
Available while supplies last. DVD's slated for update to online format, Fall 2020.