Arboriculture & Urban Forestry
Arboriculture & Urban Forestry (AUF) is the International Society of Arboriculture’s bimonthly, peer-reviewed journal.
This scholarly publication serves as ISA’s main outlet for disseminating new and original research findings centered on the care and
management of trees in urban environments. Originally titled the Journal of Arboriculture, AUF has been regularly published since 1975. Its
long tenure demonstrates ISA’s commitment to fostering a greater appreciation for trees and promoting the research, technology, and practice of professional arboriculture.
Arboriculture & Urban Forestry Online
ISA members and those with a paid subscription have exclusive access to the current year of journal issues. Login to view the current year of Arboriculture & Urban Forestry.
Open access to back issues of the journal is provided to the public. The online archive of AUF is free to view. For individuals interested in obtaining physical copies, a reprint order form is available upon request.
AUF CEU Quizzes
ISA will make one article from each issue of Arboriculture & Urban Forestry available in the ISA store as an online CEU quiz. Click here to access the quizzes in the ISA store.
Arboriculture & Urban Forestry quizzes less than one-year old are available for free to ISA members. Members must log in to receive this member benefit.
AUF CEU quizzes older than one-year may be purchased by both members and non-members. If you are certified, and successfully pass the quiz with a score of 80% or higher, CEUs will be posted to your account within 48 hours.
Each year, AUF prints more manuscripts on arboricultural research than any other publication worldwide. Related research findings in urban forestry,
entomology, engineering, psychology, sociology, and horticulture help to complement this core arboricultural focus. The latest editions of AUF are available
to 20,000 ISA members in over 40 countries and can accessed by students, educators, and researchers in the libraries of 225 universities, arboretums, and
research institutions. Archives of past research published in the journal are openly accessible to the public online.
Authors can learn more about special instructions for writing and submitting to the publication.
What are AUF Video Abstracts?
AUF Video Abstracts are a new way for authors to communicate their research and analyses. By incorporating site/lab footage, animations, imagery, and author narration into a short video, authors can go beyond the constraints of the written article to personally explain the importance and applicability of their work to readers. This addition to AUF article publications aims to widen the reach of the articles to those in the general field of arboriculture.
Sample Video Abstract
ISA Headquarters has worked with Dr. Clifford S. Sadof and Dr. Matthew D. Ginzel to create a sample video abstract on their January 2017 article Tools for Staging and Managing Emerald Ash Borer in the Urban Forest.
Where will I find future video abstracts?
The AUF video abstracts will be embedded into each issue of AUF. The videos can also be found on ISA’s YouTube channel. On YouTube, the videos will be open to the general public and will not require a subscription to AUF.
For questions regarding manuscript formatting, the review process, submitting via AUF’s online submission system, and more, contact any of the three administrators below.
- Aaron Bynum, Managing Editor, e-mail, +1.678.367.0981 x260
AUF Editorial Board and Staff
Arboriculture & Urban Forestry Editor-in-Chief
- Dr. Jason C. Grabosky, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, U.S.
Arboriculture & Urban Forestry Associate Editors
- Dr. Francesco Ferrini, University of Florence, Sesto Fiorentino (Firenze), Italy
- Dr. C. Y. Jim, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
- Dr. William Elmendorf, Penn State unviersity, University Park, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- Dr. Maria-Luisa Tello, Madrid Institute of Agricultural Research, Madrid, Spain
- Dr. Daniel Marion, University of New York-Finger Lakes, Canandaigua, NY, U.S.
- Dr. Peter May, University of Melbourne, May Horticultural Services, Melbourne, Australia
- Dr. Zhu Ning, Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, LA, U.S.
- Dr. Michael J Raupp, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, U.S.
- Dr. Bryant Scharenbroch, Morton Arboretum, Lisle, IL, U.S.
- Dr. Dealga O'Callaghan, Derbyshire, England, UK
- Dr. Alexia Stokes, INRA, Montpellier, France
- Dr. L.R. Costello, University of California (Emeritus), San Francisco, California, U.S.
- Dr. Justin Morgenroth, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand
- Aaron Bynum, AUF Administrator, Champaign, IL, U.S.
- Kathy Ashmore, AUF Layout, Champaign, IL, U.S.