ISA has developed a series of Best Management Practices (BMPs) for the purpose of interpreting tree care standards and providing guidelines of practice for arborists, tree workers, and the people who employ their services.
This BMP is for the selection and application of fertilizers for trees and shrubs. It also serves as a companion publication for the fertilization portion of the American National Standard for Tree Care Operations—Tree, Shrub and Other Woody Plant Management—Standard Practices (Soil Management a. Assessment, b. Modification, c. Fertilization, and d. Drainage).
Topics in this BMP include:
- Essential Elements
- Determining Goals and Objectives of Fertilization
- Soil Testing and Plant Analysis
- Fertilizer Selection
- Fertilizer Timing
- Fertilizer Application
- Fertilizer Application Area
- Fertilizer Rates
- Storage and Handling of Fertilizer
- Tree and Shrub Nutrient Demand and Supply, Plant Response Expectation Rubric
- Sample Fertilizer Contract for Commercial/Municipal Clients
(©2020, softcover, 57 pp.)
*Replaces 3rd edition (2013)
Purchase this BMP along with its corresponding A300 and save now!
This BMP has a corresponding CEU Opportunity!