View Your Certification Status
To learn more about your current certification status or access your CEU report, visit MyCredentials.
HOW TO ACQUIRE CEU’S
The strength of the ISA Certification Program is in the continuing education component. As with any type of professional certification, there
must be a way to measure continued competence. Continuing education units (CEUs) are part of the requirement for recertification every three (3) years.
HOW TO SUBMIT PRE-APPROVED CEU’S
If an event has been pre-approved, the organizer/instructor has already submitted the training materials to ISA for review. Benefits of attending a pre-approved event are:
- Attendees know how many CEUs they will earn for attending the event before the event
- Faster processing times since the content has already been reviewed
- Less paperwork for attendees
Examples of pre-approved CEU opportunities
EVENTS: Workshops, conferences, webinars and chapter events held by your local ISA Chapter or Affiliate Organization. To view a list of pre-approved events, visit the
and search for events offering CEU opportunities near you!
- Depending on the format of the event, there will either be pre-coded attendance sheets or CEU codes available for attendees to verify attendance. The event coordinator will
provide information about the method of obtaining CEU credit.
QUIZZES: Online quizzes are available through Arborist News,
Arboriculture & Urban Forestry,
Arborpod podcasts, and ISA’s
Online Learning Center.
Simply complete and submit the online quiz. Results are immediately generated and your CEU totals will be applied to your account within 48 hours.
ISA PRODUCTS: ISA offers a wide variety of products that are eligible for continuing education units Completed paper quizzes
must be returned to ISA Headquarters for grading before credits will be applied to your account.
HOW TO REQUEST PRE-APPROVAL FOR AN EVENT
CEU Post Approval Request Portal
If you are organizing or instructing an event that you believe may be eligible for CEU credit, you may submit a request to have it pre-approved. To be eligible for CEU credit, an event:
- Must directly relate to the field of arboriculture and one of the topics found on the certification exam outline.
- Must have an educational focus and a form of measurable learning.
- Must be at least 30 minutes in length or have several eligible sessions that add up to at least 30 minutes.
To request pre-approval for a local event, you may submit a pre-approval form and a detailed agenda or outline
that shows how the training time will be used to your local ISA chapter office. If your event will be available in more than one chapter or will be an online course, you
may submit your request to ISA Headquarters for processing.